Troubleshooting Guide: How to List Your Handmade Products on Amazon
Congratulations on being approved as an Amazon Handmade seller! It's an exciting opportunity to showcase your unique creations to a vast online audience. However, sometimes, technical glitches can occur during the listing process, preventing you from accessing the Handmade categories. In this blog post, we'll guide you through the steps to open a case with the Handmade Department and provide you with verbiage for indicating the problem. Rest assured, the majority of cases result in a quick resolution, as it's usually a matter of a backend configuration issue. Let's get started!
Step 1: Identifying the Issue
- After being approved as a Handmade seller, navigate to the "Add a Product" section on Amazon's Seller Central.
- If you're being redirected to the regular Amazon screen instead of the Handmade interface, it indicates that something needs to be fixed.
- Handmade should look like this:
- If something's not connected right, it will go straight to this regular screen:
Got the second one and not the first? No worries, we'll open a case.
Step 2: Opening a Case with the Handmade Department
- Log in to your Amazon Seller Central account.
- Scroll down to the "Support" section on the home screen and click on "Help" to access the Amazon Seller Support page. You can also get there with the Help button at the top right on desktop.
- On the Support page, click on "Contact Us" in the top-right corner.
- Under "What can we help you with?," select "Selling on Handmade." If you don't see that option, choose "Selling on Amazon." If it goes straight to the white box asking you to describe your problem, skip straight to the next paragraph with the verbiage to type.
- Next, select "Products and inventory."
- In the "How would you like to contact us?" section, click on the "Selling on Amazon" tab.
- Now, you'll see different contact options. Choose "Selling on Amazon > Select a different issue" to proceed.
- Click on "Selling on Amazon > Your account > Other account issues."
- Finally, click on the "Contact Seller Support" button.
Step 3: Writing the Case Copy and paste the following verbiage into the case description, outlining the issue you're facing:
"Hello Amazon Handmade Department,
I have recently been approved as an Amazon Handmade seller. However, when attempting to list my products, I am redirected to the regular Amazon screen instead of the Handmade interface. This prevents me from accessing the Handmade categories required to properly list my products.
I understand that this issue is most likely due to a backend configuration problem. I kindly request your assistance in resolving this matter promptly so that I can proceed with listing my Handmade products on Amazon.
Thank you for your attention to this matter. I appreciate your support.
Sincerely, [Your Name]"
Step 4: Submitting the Case
- Double-check the case details to ensure accuracy.
- Click on the "Submit" button to send your case to the Handmade Department.
Conclusion: Experiencing a glitch that takes you to the regular Amazon screen when trying to list your Handmade products can be frustrating. However, opening a case with the Handmade Department is the most effective way to resolve the issue. By providing the verbiage mentioned above and outlining the problem clearly, you increase the chances of a swift resolution. Remember, the Handmade Department is dedicated to assisting sellers and will likely address the backend configuration problem promptly. Once the issue is resolved, you should be able to access the Handmade categories and proceed with creating your product listings.
Good luck with your handmade business on Amazon! If you want a community to help you continue to grow and work through each quirky piece of Amazon together, check us out on Facebook.
Are you unsure of where to start with your new Handmade at Amazon account?
I've got just the resource for you! My Amazon Handmade 101 course takes you on the whole journey of starting on this platform. Learn more.